i did this spell last full moon and was pretty sure it hadn’t worked. then, on the last day of the moon cycle, it manifested in the most beautiful way: with my community pulling together to support me financially through the last part of the month.
so far, this spell hasn’t brought abundance and prosperity in the sense that i have a job or a savings or any stability. but i survived last month, and i will survive this one, and maybe the work i’m continuing to do will produce more bombastic results with time.
gather the following ingredients:
* cramp bark for general good luck
* star anise for same
* rosemary to purify capitalist/colonialist connotations of “prosperity”
* hyssop to purify capitalist/colonialist connotations of “abundance”
* sandalwood to grant wishes
* calendula, patchouli oil, cinnamon and chamomile to draw money
* angelica to break the jinx of white supremacy
* sage to reverse the evil of capitalism
* high john oil to draw money and for good luck
grind with mortar and pestle or dedicated coffee grinder and add to cauldron.
write the following (or something like it) on a brown piece of paper:
all earthly blessings will flow to us
the obstacles of colonialism, capitalism, and white supremacy will shatter under our feet
the struggle for survival will abate
a new day of peace, abundance, and joy will grow
from our resistance
and our prayers
universe, we call upon all forces for good
to see us here this full moon night
and grant our request
let abundance and prosperity coexist with our determined opposition to capitalist exploitation.
fold up the paper and place it along with the herbs in the cauldron. set a lighted charcoal on top of the paper. open a window if you’re not outside.
repeat let abundance and prosperity coexist with our resistance to capitalism as many times as you like.
bury the ashes in the earth.